Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Time to move on

.. don't look back

As noted previously there has been quite a few changes lately in the line-up of the team I work for. Luckily one developer returned from a long sick leave and so I was not the only one. But sadly for him the song continues.

  • Yes, it has been more than enough.
  • Yes, I have thrown the towel.
  • Yes, I am happy to leave.
  • No, I am not happy to leave behind good colleagues.
  • Yes, I am happy to leave some of the other colleagues.
  • Yes, I have a feeling that a less than satisfying period is drawing to a close.
But I don't look back in anger

Though I am bitterly disappointed in a lot of things, I won't look back in anger. It was an interesting period and I learned some valuable things and met some valuable people. I learned once again some very harsh lessons and maybe one day I will indeed use this knowledge and will not go for the soothing words and blue eyes.

Let's look back with a smile

Don't keep a grudge for life: it will never make you happy.

Bassie, famous Dutch philosopher and child and brother lover
Always keep smiling!

And luckily: we still have the pictures.

Parking habits

I did mention the parking habits of my colleagues before and here is one more example.

These cars are parked smack in the middle of the passage of the higher staff only area. There were more spots available.

More fun on the parking lot

Security is a good thing. People need to be aware. I am aware and will not publish pictures of how are security systems and rules work. Or not work. The following pictures just show that the weakest link in security are humans. And especially the nice ones.

Early one morning a van from a firm that would do some maintenance at our location arrived at the gate of our parking lot. You need a pass to get in or press a button and talk to the reception and they will let you through. This morning apparently there was no one at the reception so the van could not get in. However, a helpful colleague gave his pass to the van driver, who then got in and returned the pass. Mister Nice Guy, could not get in. The system had registered him as being inside already. So Mister Van Driver held the pass for the exit scanner and that didn't work either. So, he backed up his van and stopped in front the exit bar and tried again. The bar opened and Mister Nice Guy was now officialy out again. The system needed a couple of minutes of understanding this. Finally, he and the growing line of waiting cars were able to get in.

Just some more pictures

Looking around my office this is what I see.

Maybe just for my Dutch readers another example of the typical Dutch spelling.

p.s. I just love bananas!

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous28/3/07 11:20

    We'll meet again, do know where, do know when...

    PS. When you take a look at the site we created, you can see that a lot of people love bananas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Champignonvleesbroodje! That's one for scrabble! For the English speaking reader : mushroommeatsandwich. Yes, we wouldn't normally make that one word either ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neuronix, I was referring more to the oddly spelled fishburger ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's a feature of the application they use to print those menus. The MenuItemDescription field is probably a varchar(27) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous28/6/07 10:37

    I've never imagined that Dutch can have such long spelling. I thought that Finnish was the best in this. Can you tell me which one is bananas in menu cause i don't know any dutch? (or bananas is the same?)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, banana is not referring to the menu, but it is more related to an inside joke. I will write a small blog post about that one and all will become clear. I hope.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for you comment. I will probably have to moderate it, so it could take some time to see it appear on the blog, but I am usually quite fast at that.

When I feel that you are commenting just to get some link spam to your own site,you will probably never see it appear ..