Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Building my own network

.. around the globe

Thanks to the wonders of the Internet I am now building my own network. At present there are not too many contacts yet, but hopefully this will grow.

The link above brings you to O'Reill Connection. Currently stating This is a beta launch of our new job-oriented social network. on the homepage.

I know I should not predict anything about the future of new web applications, but still I think this is a new idea (to me at least) that presents a new way to make contact with people around the world sharing the same or complimentary skills. This can lead to job opportunities ("I've got the looks, you've got the brains, let's make lots of money") or a private group of experts whom one can ask specific questions. Again, all this is based on voluntary sharing of knowledge and resources. An Open Source type of networking.

I don't know if it will make me richer, wiser or happier or none of these, but I am giving it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for you comment. I will probably have to moderate it, so it could take some time to see it appear on the blog, but I am usually quite fast at that.

When I feel that you are commenting just to get some link spam to your own site,you will probably never see it appear ..