Thursday, March 18, 2010

Writing this HTML5 vs Silverlight post

... vice versa could be easy

I think that the writer is on a wrong track here as he is comparing two completely different things.

A new and fast rising standard for HTML and a browser plugin. The first being implemented across multiple platforms in rapid pace. The second being upgraded every 9 months and available on not all platforms.

Mind you I think both of these have huge possibilities and can do things that the others may not yet can do. I think they both have their unique use cases, but in most cases they have much overlap in possibilities.

Which one to choose depends on the situation and the market one is aiming for.

The article could have been a lot more subtle and a lot more realistic.

Refers to: http://www.silverlighthack.com/post/2010/02/08/Top-Reasons-why-HTML-5-is-not-ready-to-replace-Silverlight.aspx (through Google Sidewiki)

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comment:

  1. The article has a bad title, but essentially is a response to those "HTML 5 will kill Flash/Silverlight" articles that you keep on hearing. My main point was that HTML 5 still has a long way to go to catch up to Silverlight/Flash.

    Not to toot my own horn, but please refer me to an article that does a good job of comparing the different platforms. Most blogs are "OMG did you see I can animate a ball in Canvas...Flash is DEAD!!!!".

    Gotta go before I have a seizure after seeing several hundred mugshots flash before my face.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for you comment. I will probably have to moderate it, so it could take some time to see it appear on the blog, but I am usually quite fast at that.

When I feel that you are commenting just to get some link spam to your own site,you will probably never see it appear ..