Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Jakob Nielsen is quite a figure

.. always good for some interesting quotes and smiles

At the risk of being butchered, here's an interesting quote from the great Jakob Nielsen:

One of a weblog's great benefits is that it essentially frees you from "Web design." You write a paragraph, click a button, and it's posted on the Internet. No need for visual design, page design, interaction design, information architecture, or any programming or server maintenance.

The full article is Weblog Usability: The Top Ten Design Mistakes (Jakob Nielsen's Alertbox). But before you go and read it, that is not my point.

My smile was brought upon by this:

No need for visual design, page design, interaction design

Go ahead and look at the site and see his implementation of this. This seems like a perfect implementation of this statement.

1 comment:

  1. While I'm not exactly overly happy with my design in progress, Nielsen's statement is utter nonsense. No visual design? No page design? That would pretty much mean html,body,text,/body,/html, right? Fonts and the use of linebreaks, bolds and italics apparently don't count as design? I beg to differ.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for you comment. I will probably have to moderate it, so it could take some time to see it appear on the blog, but I am usually quite fast at that.

When I feel that you are commenting just to get some link spam to your own site,you will probably never see it appear ..