Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Need help with picking blogging / CMS tool

.. TextPattern, WordPress or anything like that.

With the risk of getting hopelessly lost in comments I have a question for the all people out there.

I am currently brooding on a plan to set up a new community type portal web site which should include a blog. As the plans as to what will be there are beginning to take shape I am now starting to look for the right type of software to use to get it going. What I want to be able to do:

  • set up one blog, possible more
  • be able to have other pages than blog entries, like tutorials, portfolios and the like
  • have multiple contributors
  • open source
  • preferably PHP (although other options are possible)
  • the resulting HTML should be easily made fully W3C compliant and NO TABLES for layout

Anyone can advise me on which solution or combination of solutions I should use?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for you comment. I will probably have to moderate it, so it could take some time to see it appear on the blog, but I am usually quite fast at that.

When I feel that you are commenting just to get some link spam to your own site,you will probably never see it appear ..