Monday, November 21, 2005

Seven Hills 2005 was a success

.. although without a personal best

Yesterday, 21st November 2005, I ran the Seven Hills Run for the third time. And I think it was a success.

I did not train as much as the last years so I didn't anticipate to run a personal best. I set my aim for a time within 1:15. So making an average of just under 5 minutes per kilometer.

I ran an exceptionally flat race. Which is even more exceptional considering the seven hills ;-) I finished the 15 km after 1 hour 14 minutes and 48 seconds. Which makes for an average of 4 minutes 59.2 seconds per kilometer.

Haile Gebrselassie from Ethiopia did the same distance in 41 minutes and 56 seconds. An incredible average of 2 minutes 47.7 seconds per kilometer!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats! Great time despite the limited training. You set a target and made it!

    Meanwhile I was having a nice weekend in London. Walked a lot too, just a lot slower ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for you comment. I will probably have to moderate it, so it could take some time to see it appear on the blog, but I am usually quite fast at that.

When I feel that you are commenting just to get some link spam to your own site,you will probably never see it appear ..