Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Ford gives in to conservative group

.. glad I don't own a Ford

To me this sums up much what I do not like about people imposing their views and morals upon others.

CNNMoney.com
Ford Motor Co. faced sharp criticism from gay and lesbian advocacy groups for agreeing to stop advertising in gay-themed publications in the face of a boycott by the conservative American Family Association, according to a report Tuesday.

No, I am not gay. But that does not matter anyway. To me Ford has given in to blackmail. A group of people with a view of life that differs from others are imposing their views on Ford by means of force. The force being a boycott threat.

Ford has no become the gay-unfriendly car. Ford has now become the pro-Christian Family car.

Or perhaps not?

On the Ford.com website I found this press release.

Ford.com website
FORD FUND MAKES RECORD DONATION TO GAY COMMUNITY CENTER IN SOUTHEAST MICHIGAN
  • Ford Fund pledges $250,000 to the construction of a new Affirmations Lesbian and Gay Community Center in Ferndale, Mich.
  • The organization plans to break ground on the estimated $5.3 million facility in the spring of this year. Spokespeople for Affirmations organization say the new center will be open to the public in early 2006.

All right, let's not boycott Ford for not being gay-friendly.

But I think we should try to stand up against these way-of-life imposing organisations who are entitled to their own view but should never force these onto others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for you comment. I will probably have to moderate it, so it could take some time to see it appear on the blog, but I am usually quite fast at that.

When I feel that you are commenting just to get some link spam to your own site,you will probably never see it appear ..