Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Macromedia is fading

.. TAFKAM, The Application suite Formerly Known As Macromedia

This morning a colleague pointed it out to me. I was just sipping my first cup of coffee (or was it my second?). Macromedia was now completely fading away. I immediately pointed my browser at Macromedia.com and shock and horror: it was true!

macromedia.com is no more

Adobe has begun with the dismantling of the name of Macromedia. Soon we will be silently redirected to Adobe.com and in a few years time the name Macromedia will only linger in the Walhalla together with Ashton Tate and the likes.

formerly macromedia

On the Macromedia.com site the logo has almost completely disappeared. Only the favicon is still present. Maybe just because my browser cached it or maybe they have forgotten or maybe a very friendly webmaster left it there on purpose. If so, many many blessings to that man or woman.

I was just on the blink of buying Studio 8. Now I will probably have to rush to get a real Macromedia branded version. If left unopened could make me a millionaire on e-Bay, I guess.

It is a sad, sad day for everyone.

And another one bites the dust ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for you comment. I will probably have to moderate it, so it could take some time to see it appear on the blog, but I am usually quite fast at that.

When I feel that you are commenting just to get some link spam to your own site,you will probably never see it appear ..